1) Did you know that BC Hydro hires independent contractors to do work that their own equivalent employees are capable of?
2) BC Hydro Contractors pay $10 per hour more to their employees than BC Hydro pays to their employees.
3) The Union representing BC Hydro employees is the same Union that represents the Contractors employees who have a better pay package.
4) BC Hydro employees are leaving in droves to work for Contractors and at the same time the remaining employees are working OVERTIME (700 hours limit) to meet the needs of BC Hydro Customers.
5) The word on the street is that BC Hydro is hiding the costs of these Contractors (overly generous pay scale) by not requiring Contractors to invoice a breakdown of billing; lump sum payments are the norm.
6) BC Hydro ratio of an apprentice to journeymen is 1:3 for safety and a broader knowledge base.
7) Contractor ratio of an apprentice electrician to journeyman is 1:1
8) Is the cost of doing business by BC Hydro intentionally inflated by not ensuring Value for Money contracts are being granted?
10) BC Hydro's Line Contractor Association contributions to BC Liberal Party
11) Lower Mainland Line Contractors
12) Arctic Power Systems LTD which is owned by Arctic Arrow Powerline Group Ltd which is owned by Altalink (Alberta) which is owned by Berkshire Hathaway Energy Company which is
13) BC Hydro manpower was run by a Crown Corporation.
14) BC Hydro has now been spun off to four other companies, all collecting a profit.
15) Why does BC Hydro have so many middlemen?
16) Don't ask why BC Hydro chooses these method, that question is best asked of Translink who admit that they do exactly the same thing. However in a review of SCBCTA it is recommended that contracting out must be stopped.
|Page 48 of 67|
18) "Hiring freezes" is one culprit for Translink, is it the same case for BC Hydro?
19) Is there a chronic shortage of BC Hydro employees on multiple fronts just so the BC Liberal Government can present a Balanced Budget after driving the Corporation into $5 billion Deferral Accounts .... Debt which necessitates a need to raise the rates?
Hugh says: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/transalta-timed-power-outages-to-drive-up-prices-says-commission-1.3170229